Sunday, April 18, 2010

JULIE'S FAVORITE APPS

Seriously, there isn't a day that doesn't go by that I am using it for one thing or another. Today, my favorite are my recipe Apps...specifically Whole Foods and Epicurious (which can be found on iTunes).  Heidi's "Join Us for Dinner" post inspired me to cook today, so that while I am away (again) the kids and hubin have something decent to eat besides cereal (which is alright don't get me wrong).  Anyway, on the Whole Foods App I made the "Old Fashioned Tuna Noodle Casserole" and it came out delicious.



I am also making the "Slow Cooker Hoisin Beef Stew." I just loved the idea of using Hoisin sauce.




I know casseroles and stews oh my! Sounds like I am hunkering down for a long winter. I was just looking for something that I could freeze or store in the fridge for the week. Next dish today will be something to do with Veal. I don't normally cook or eat Veal (that would be oh so fancy) but I just saw it and decided to make it (also I know Keith loves it).   So I am off to the next make the next meal.

2 Comments:

Heidi said...

the tuna noodle looks really good. I might have to add that to next weeks menu!

PFDPodcast.com said...

the beef stew came out really good too...just took it out of the slow cooker...so happy to be cooking again. I am definitely going to try some of your recipes too.