Tuesday, April 27, 2010

TAKE THAT....GAS MAN!








This is Norman. He is my most favorite husband. I call him Gas Man...since that's what he is. He makes sure houses don't blow up. Sometimes, like when I ask him to hang molding around the blackboard I painted in my office and he just laughs, I call him Butthead. I am NOT calling Norman lazy, he is not. He just has a certain way of prioritizing projects around the house. Things that are flooding, sparking, crumbling or crying get first priority. Followed by anything that involves using a chainsaw, axe or his log splitter. Next comes anything that requires buying a new tool or a trip to Harbor Freight. Then there are projects that are fun, make him look cool in front of the kids, can be done while drinking beer, or require other men to come over and stand in the yard and drink beer while discussing a project, the list goes on. And somewhere on that list, so far down that if you stood at the top of the list and looked down you would get that queasy feeling in your stomach like when you stand on the edge of a cliff, down that far would be where 'Heidi's projects' are.



So I decided that I would make a frame around my blackboard wall myself. I measured, purchased, cut WITH A MITER SAW, hammered, set the nails deep into the wood, patched the holes and painted.



Sandy was there telling me 'You know you shouldn't touch that' with her eyes. I was going to call Norman during this project just to ask him stupid questions and make him nervous that I was touching all of his toys. But, I didn't want him coming home to check on me.


BTW...The slide show at the top is Norman getting into his GAS MAN jumpsuit. It's a little snug...and fireproof...and ORANGE! I have posted it purely as punishment for putting me at the bottom of the list!

6 Comments:

Unknown said...

Love the pics! poor Norman. And Sandy's eyes are so sweet.

Unknown said...

awesome! Love the orange. And I think you did a great job on the frame.

Carrie said...

Good job on the frame!! :) Getting Oak to hang the roman shades in our bedroom last weekend was similar torture, and the project took him all of 40 minutes to do.. haha. I think they like to give us a hard time!

Laurie said...

Ahhhhh....the ever popular Harbor Freight....thought we had dibs on that! Great job with the frame...I wouldn't have even attempted that, it would have stayed on the bottom of the list!

Kelly said...

Great job! I'm afraid if te miter saw!! LOL on the jumpsuit!

Julie said...

OmyGee......love it...can't wait for the full reveal