Friday, April 23, 2010

The Truth About Passwords...

...is that I hate them. Yes. I hate having so many passwords that I can't remember any of them. I just spent the last half hour trying to remember the new password for my work laptop. I had to change it because it was going to expire in 10 days. What I don't understand is why I had to really reset it. Seriously, trying to get into my work laptop right now is like trying to get into Fort Knox! There is already so much security in the darn thing...is changing my measly password every 60 days really going to stop someone from gaining access? Plus I really hate it when they try to give you tips on how you should create your password. I end up actually creating something that I won't ever remember - you know what I mean - the password will have a bunch of letters, numbers, and strange characters that you don't even know what they are called...like jjstlf%^%87. Ugh, I hate it!  I don't remember half of my passwords anyway.  Why haven't they (not sure who "they" are but if you are reading this you know who you are!) come up with something easier like my fingerprint or an eyeball scanner.

I've tried other clever ways to create passwords like variations of a certain word or number changes but even that can get confusing since I don't always remember which password I used for what site. Seriously everyone wants you to have a user ID, password, user name, security phrase, security questions (and answers), security pictures. I get why, doesn't mean I like it.

Anyone else hate the whole passwords thing?

1 Comment:

Laurie said...

ok....I also hate the world of passwords, but I've started to keep a record of them in a small notebook I keep by the computer....it's made life much easier and more organized. Love organization!! I can't take credit for it...I saw Joyce do it! Try it....